Saturday, March 22, 2014

Entry 19: Cutting it close

      When I asked if Jackie could make me some of her 'spiritfucker' rounds, she told me that while we couldn't make the bullets she was using (due to lack of materials such as depleted Uranium), she did have blueprints for dual-nature bullets that could be made with the resources we had available. When I asked for the blueprints Smoke got angry and threatened to burn the blueprints if I even thought about making them, so I dropped it (and asked for a copy of the blueprints when he wasn't paying attention, just in case we needed to make them later, but she was going to respect Smoke's decision).

       Since Smoke was adamantly objecting to using the rounds that were consistently effective against Stone, I spent my time upgrading my electroshock rifle with a new design Smoke had worked on that would make it charge faster and store energy more efficiently. The designs were much easier to implement than I had expected and I had the time to make one for Smoke so he had a way to help disable enemies without killing them.  We landed in the mountains for the night and turned out the spotlights to avoid enraging the bats in the area.

      The next day as we were dropped off at the town of deadwood,  Jackie spotted someone falling and when Colleen looked through a telescope to get a better look she said it was someone with a hat flying dangerously on an autogyro. It looks like we didn't have as much of a lead on him as I had hoped.

     We also got our first glimpse of the Devil's Tower, it looked like it was a giant tree stump, and after asking around in town we were told that the legend of the Devil's Tower was a giant tree that was chopped down by a giant bear and that it was surrounded by the Pahowmakonsika, which roughly translates to 'pale mountain devils'.  The locals avoided the place out of superstition. 

    After getting what information we could from the locals we began discussing how we would get in to the portal inside. There was a river the went in and out at the gate of the tower, but getting there would require possibly having to deal with the pale mountain devils surrounding the tower. Eventually we settled on flying to the top and working our way down the tower to where the portal was.

    Also after spending time around Jackie, I have started to notice that she bears more than a passing resemblance to me, she might know more about who I am than she is willing to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment